Nanotein Technologies is a SF Bay Area biotechnology startup that is focused on using immunology, cell biology, and protein-engineering principles to develop the next-generation of immune cell therapy (e.g., CAR-T, CAR-NK, TCR-T, etc.) biomanufacturing reagents.
At its core, our nanoparticle platform technology allows us to make cell therapies that are both more clinically effective and longer lasting, all while being safer, with fewer side effects (compared to the current state-of-the-art) for patients. We help make possible, best-in-class outcomes for cancer patients.
We are a well-funded, investor-backed organization, with exciting commercial partnerships in place, and are gearing up to enter the marketplace, imminently.
Nanotein is looking for a passionate immunologist, cell biologist or protein biochemist to join the Nanotein team, and work on our T-cell and NK-cell line of reagent products. In this role and as an early member of the team, your ideas, voice, and contributions will have a significant impact on the nature of the products launched and the company overall.
In this role, you will independently design experiments aligned with company goals. You will lead the design, execution, and troubleshooting of experiments to deliver high-quality data. You will help inform and quickly adapt to changing priorities, keeping Nanotein’s CEO and Board of Directors in close communication on experimental progress, opportunities, and challenges. If you so choose, there will also be the opportunity to work with external partners and customers in both alliance management and customer support capacities. We’re invested in your learning and professional growth.
The successful candidate will work intentionally and efficiently in our fast-paced startup environment to:
- Develop and execute T and NK cell expansion protocols and generate functional profiles on the resulting cell populations, in order to understand the impact of product formulations
- Provide strong intellectual input in design and interpretation of protocols and results
- Collaborate with and provide input to partner company scientists to guide design and optimization of their experiments and their cell therapy manufacturing processes
Successful hire has strong immunology training:
- A PhD in the area of T cell biology (and preferably NK cell) is preferred, but candidates with a master’s degree and at least two additional years of T cell biology experience will also be considered. Publications and/or patents in this area of expertise is highly preferred.
- We will also consider PhDs trained in other relevant, primary disciplines, e.g. cell biology and protein biochemistry, if there was cross-training in immunology.
- Extensive experience with flow cytometry, primary cell culture, ELISAs, and other commonly used laboratory techniques.
- Extensive experience in assay/protocol development & troubleshooting.
- Fundamental understanding of protein structure-function relationships (e.g. can use pymol or chimera to visualize protein structures) is an asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Extensive experience in delivering high quality scientific presentations.
Nanotein proudly considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply!
$95,000 – $145,000
Candidates must possess legal authorization to work in the US.